The UCLA Center for World Health is able to accept gifts of securities. Your donation of stock/shares can help us to fulfill our mission of improving the health of individuals and communities around the world. Please see below for more information, and please contact Else Henry, UCLA Center for World Health Business Manager, at email@example.com or 310-206-7827, with any questions.
How it Works
- You transfer appreciated securities that you have owned for at least one year to The UCLA Foundation.
- If your financial services provider holds the securities (including mutual fund shares) for your account, you can instruct that they be electronically transferred.
- If you have stock certificates, you can mail the unendorsed certificates and a signed stock power (available from your financial services provider) in separate envelopes. The gift is complete on the date of postmark of the later envelope.
- UCLA then sells your securities and the Center for World Health can use the proceeds as an unrestricted gift to support its work.
- Please contact Else Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-206-7827 for more information or to make a donation.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gain tax on the securities you donate.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits UCLA later.